I LOVE and totally believe in being a member and supporting your local Chamber of Commerce and want to share with you WHY. As a small business owner many times over, my chamber membership has paid it’s value multiple-times over to me. It’s a common question I get as a coach or advisor, should I join the Chamber? Is a Chamber membership worth it? To me, it’s an obvious answer. YES. I will immediately ship you down to have a conversation with your local Chamber about membership. Here’s 9 Ways to help you get started.
- Sit down and have a conversation with your Chamber. Even if you’ve been a member for 10+ years, I encourage you to do this twice per year (minimum). In 20-minute one-on-one conversations together, you can find great opportunities for your business. And this time conversing with your Chamber is FREE, take advantage.
- Host current business cards, materials, brochures, pamphlets at your Chamber office. Why not? They usually have a spot for these and thousands of potential clients walk through their doors each year.
- Sit on a committee. Agricultural Committee, Leadership Committee, Bring It Home Committee, Board of Directors, Finance, Marketing…etc. This will lead into STRONG personal connections with other Chamber members that are invaluable.
- Serve as an Ambassador or on the Welcoming Committee. By having the opportunity to meet every new business owner that comes to town, you’ll vastly increase your contacts and become a resource in the business community.
- Donate items for swag bags, door prizes, welcome baskets, this does not have to be too expensive but should include your company logo and/or your personal name and contact information.
- Refer them! Referring other business professionals to become Chamber members makes you highy regarded among your Chamber staff. If you support them positively, they will support you!
- Share their posts and events on social media, attend their training seminars, luncheons, banquets, and galas. It’s great exposure for your business and theirs, and it’s usually a ton of fun!