Today’s topic is hot off the market, very rarely utilized so far but a key tool in your marketing. I expect to see this become very popular in the upcoming months…as soon as businesses figure out it’s there! This is another great customer service tool that Facebook has recently added. I must also add that I’ve only seen this on Facebook Pages so far, no individual profiles.
I’m going to make these step-by-step instructions as simple as possible.
- Log in to your Facebook and head over to your Business Page.
- On the upper right corner of the page, click Settings.
- In the left-hand column, choose Messaging.
- Scroll down to the middle section “Response Assistant”
- You have 3 options:
- Stay responsive…. (250 characters)
- Send instant replies…. (250 characters)
- Show a messenger greeting… (160 characters)
- You can set each one of these to On/Off with a simple Yes/No click. Below each of the 3 options includes a one-line description of the message to be written. Once you turn a greeting on, you’ll be able to Change (edit) the message to what you want it to say.
The coolest part? It even auto-responds with the sender’s name so it’s a customized message and you can make the text seem as real-life as possible (I actually recommend that). The other thing you can do is create an auto-response with more pertinent contact information for your customer, or any current sales, promotions, and events you have going on!
Quick tip: Be sure to test your auto-responder right away by having a friend send you a message! You want to be sure it’s working correctly and the spelling is correct!
I’d love to see some of your creative Auto-Responses.
Share them below!